Our experienced team of attorneys assists clients in minimizing their tax liabilities through the effective use of economic and tax incentives under the Puerto Rico Code of Incentives (Act 60).
Our experienced team of attorneys regularly advises investors seeking to take advantage of Puerto Rico’s corporate tax incentives and investment opportunities and routinely counsel U.S. and foreign companies and individuals considering relocating to Puerto Rico in order to maximize available opportunities and tax incentives.
Our attorneys are experienced on the different Puerto Rico economic tax incentives included under Act 60, including:
- Export Services and Commerce (formerly Act 20)
- Individual Investors (formerly Act 22)
- Manufacturing (formerly Act 73)
- Film Industry Economic Incentives (formerly Act 27)
- Green Energy Incentives (formerly Act 83)
- Tourism Development (formerly Act 74)
We also represent clients with estate planning, probate and asset protection transactions involving Puerto Rico.
Economic Incentives and Tax Credits
Our team helps developers, lenders, owners, investors, and municipalities in Puerto Rico on a wide range of federal and state tax credit programs involving areas such as low-income housing, historic rehabilitation and renewable energy, such as:
- Representing developers and syndicators on affordable housing and assisted living projects, including 4% and 9% LIHTC Projects.
- Representing developers and investors on renewable energy projects, including solar, PV, wind and waste to energy technologies.
Corporate & Securities
Our team helps investors, developers and lenders with:
- Contract drafting and negotiation for various transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, and joint ventures.
- Assist buyers and sellers of commercial and residential real estate and parties to commercial leases on all aspects of their transactions.
- Represent clients, including financial institutions, on securities, compliance, and financing matters.
- Act as lead counsel on private placements, including preparation of all securities documents (private placement memoranda, shareholders agreements, and subscription documents).